Within the framework of the CARI'MAM project, 4 thematic training courses are made available to scientists, professionals working for the protection of cetaceans and managers of marine areas.
One of the training courses will train you in project set-up and its financial aspects, while the other 3 are more technical and deal with:
- acoustic identification of cetaceans
- managing marine mammals during oil spillages
These courses are available in French, English and Spanish on the e-learning platform of the French Biodiversity Agency. You will find videos, diagrams, exercises and questionnaires.
Upon completion of a course, you can obtain a certificate of completion and/or success depending on your score.
How to enrol?
1. Go to elearning.ofb.fr, choose your language in the upper right corner and create your account. Be sure to enrol with your own name rather than a business address as this information will be retrieved for certificates at the end of the course.
2. Once you have agreed to the privacy policies, you will be taken to your dashboard.
3. At the top left, click on "Register for Courses" and search for "CARI'MAM". Six boxes should appear (2 for each language).
4. Click on the course you wish to attend, then click on "Enrol me".
5. You should be ready to start the course.